It is a basic blond sauce. It is prepared from blond roux and stock. Veloute gets its name from the type of stock used, e.g. fish stock and blond roux- fish veloute.
Chicken stock and blond roux- chicken veloute.
|S.no||Ingredients||Quantity||Method of Preparation|
|1||Butter||100 g||- Melt the fat in thick bottomed sauce pan.|
|2||Refined Flour||100 g||- Add the flour and mix in well.|
|3||Stock||1 L||- Cook out to a sandy texture over gentle heat till blond color.|
|4||Salt and Pepper||As Required||- Gradually add the stock, stir smoothly
- Allow to simmer
- Strain through chinois or fine strainer.
Allemande sauce, Aurore sauce, supreme sauce, bercy sauce.
- Allemande sauce: a veloute sauce made from veal stock with egg yolks and cream added
- Aurore sauce: Pureed tomatoes are added.
- Supreme sauce: A chicken veloute with mushrooms and cream
- Bercy sauce: A fish stock veloute with added shallots and white wine.