- AG Tansley coined the term “Ecosystem”.
- Hackel gave the correct definition of Ecology.
- Reiter coined the term ecology in the form of ooikiolous.
- Prophase-I consists of 5 sub stages:
- Leptotene : Also called thin threaded or bouquet stage.
- Zygotene: Pairing of homologous chromosomes occurs.
- Pachytene: Crossing over takes place.
- Diplotene: Chiasmata formation occurs.
- Diakinesis: Terminalization of chiasmata occurs.
- Seperation of homologous chromes occurs in Anaphase-I.
- Centromere of each chromosome seperates in Anaphase-II.
- Allele – contrasting pair of characters. Eg tall and dwarf
- Cauliflower is the largest inflorescence.
- companion cellthat helps transport carbohydrates from outside the cells into the sieve tube
- The main functionof the sieve tube is transport of carbohydrates, primarily sucrose, in the plant
Cnidology –Study of coelenterates or cnidarians
Myocology- study of fungi
Herpetology- study of reptiles
- Echinodermata- water vascular system
- Mollusca –presence of radular teeth in pharynx, calcareous shell
- Arthropoda- presence of jointed appendages, haemocoelomate etc
- Ammonotelic- excretes ammonia as a major excretory waste
- Ureotellic- excretes urea as a major excretory waste
- Uricotellic -excretes uric acid as a major excretory waste
- Aminotellic -excretes aminoacids as a major excretory waste
- Cerebellum- balancing body
- medulla oblongata – controls respiration, heart beat and peristalsis
- optic lobe- controls vision
- cerebral cortex- helps in memory, intelligence, judgement, logical thinking
kala- azar is transmitted by sand fly.